Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home

Home. It’s big. It’s blue and green. I share my home with different people. Some of them look like me, most of them don’t. I don’t just share my home with different people, I share my home with different creatures too. Most of them live in the water, some live in trees and deep within the ground. The Earth is my home, and I love to share my home.


Home. It’s the seventh largest country in the world and has the second largest population. I live in a tiny city within my country. The city I live in is the capital of my country. I love my city. It’s dynamic and exciting, never a dull moment if you lived in my city. I lived in a small apartment in my city and I shared it with my dad, my mom and my dog comet. New Delhi, India is my home and I hope to go home soon.


Home. Over the last couple of months, I have started to call the city of Tampa, home. After having lived here for a couple of months, and making friends, this university campus is starting to feel like home. It will be my home for the next three years. The University of Tampa, Florida is my home, and I want to grab the opportunities I get here.


Home. What really makes home, home? That inner peace that makes me feel I don’t have to pretend. I can be me without having to worry what people around me might think or say. It’s where I feel loved and wanted. My opinion counts at home, and I will always feel encouraged. People around me will love me despite the silly immature decisions I might make and be proud of me for the responsible choices I make. The people who love me are my home and I love them too.



Home could be abstract or something tangible. It could be sense of peace, a specific city or house or even a person. It’s where or with whom I am true to myself and can be assured that I will be loved for and cared for.

My past will be forgiven, my present will be appreciated and my future will be encouraged. Wherever that is a reality, is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment